Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Mark Twain; Orion Clemens; Charles L Webster; William Dean Howells; E W Kemble; Ulysses S Grant; Isabel Van Kleek Lyon; John Marshall Clemens; Jane Lampton Clemens; Henry Clemens; Clara Clemens; Jane Lampton Clemens; Pamela Clemens Moffett; William Anderson Moffett; Samuel E Moffett; Annie Moffett Webster|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jean Webster; Doris Webster; Samuel Webster
|Description:||12 linear ft.|
Other items include original manuscript memoirs on the Civil War by Gen. U.S. Grant, letters to Charles L. Webster from Grant, his photographs of Grant, Civil War scenes, and Grant's funeral, 1863-1885; manuscripts, diary entries, letters, clippings, and photographs of Isabel Van Kleek Lyon, Clemens' secretary, concerning the person and career of Samuel L. Clemens, 1903-1939, and notes from a conversation with Lyon by Samuel and Doris Webster, 1950-1953; letters, clippings, memoranda, legal papers, certificates, deeds, and contracts of Samuel L. Clemens' family members, 1807 and 1834-1944, including his parents John Marshall and Jane Lampton Clemens, his brothers Orion Clemens, Henry Clemens, his daughters Clara and Jean, and his sister Pamela Clemens Moffett, her husband William Anderson Moffett, their son Samuel E. Moffett, and their daughter Annie Moffett and her husband Charles L. Webster; and photographs of Samuel L. Clemens, his family, and related Websters, Moffetts, Fords, Dalrimples, and McKinneys, ca. 1856-1955.
- Twain, Mark, -- 1835-1910.
- Clemens, Orion, -- 1825-1897.
- Webster, Charles L., -- 1851-1891.
- Howells, William Dean, -- 1837-1920.
- Kemble, E. W. -- (Edward Windsor), -- 1861-1933.
- Grant, Ulysses S. -- (Ulysses Simpson), -- 1822-1885.
- Lyon, Isabel Van Kleek, -- 1868-1958.
- Clemens, John Marshall, -- 1798-1847.
- Clemens, Jane Lampton, -- 1803-1890.
- Clemens, Henry, -- 1838-1858.
- Clemens, Clara.
- Clemens, Jane Lampton, -- 1880-1909.
- Moffett, Pamela Clemens, -- 1827-1904.
- Moffett, William Anderson.
- Moffett, Samuel E.
- Webster, Annie Moffett.
- Family -- New York (State)
- Real property.
- American literature.
- Publishers and publishing.
- Mines and mineral resources -- West (U.S.)
- Illustrated children's books.
- Funeral service.
- Women -- Diaries.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Hawaii -- Description and travel.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Description and travel.
- Europe -- Description and travel.