Patricia Daniels Cornwell
|描述：||494 pages ; 25 cm.|
It is the week before Christmas. A tanking economy has prompted Dr. Kay Scarpetta - despite her busy schedule and her continuing work as the senior forensic analyst for CNN - to offer her services pro bono to New York City's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. In no time at all, her increased visibility seems to precipitate a string of unexpected and unsettling events. She is asked live on the air about the sensational case of Hannah Starr, who has vanished and is presumed dead. Moments later during the same telecast she receives a startling call-in from a former psychiatrist patient of Benton Wesley's. When she returns after the show to the apartment where she and Benton live, she finds an ominous package - possibly a bomb - waiting for her at the front desk. Soon the apparent threat on Scarpetta's life finds her embroiled in a surreal plot that includes a famous actor accused of an unthinkable sex crime and the disappearance of a beautiful millionaires with whom Lucy seems to have shared a secret past.
- Scarpetta, Kay (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Medical examiners (Law) -- Fiction.
- Forensic pathologists -- Fiction.
- Women physicians -- Fiction.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Detective and mystery stories, American.
- Forensic pathologists-Fiction.
- Forensic pathologists.
- Medical examiners (Law)
- Scarpetta, Kay (Fictitious character)
- Women physicians.
- New York (State) -- New York.
- Books that I own(27 资料)
由 Shari831 已更新 2013-12-22
- Mysteries/Suspense/Thrillers(430 资料)
由 sberkowitz 已更新 2013-08-24
- guardian.co.uk(17 资料)
由 aspringer 已更新 2011-02-24
- Most popular additions for January 2010(500 资料)
由 jamesfitch 已更新 2010-02-01
- Future Bestsellers: August 2009(28 资料)
由 nashvillepubliclibrary 已更新 2010-01-13