Find a copy in the library
|Named Person:||Georges Enesco; Ernest Bloch; Johann Sebastian Bach; Louis Horst; Irene Lewisohn; Alice Crowley; Kurt Schindler; Blanche Talmud; Gioacchino Rossini; Henry Eichheim; Sergey Prokofiev; Frances Brundage; Lily Hyland|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Neighborhood Playhouse (New York, N.Y.); Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre.|
|Description:||1 flat box (20 folders)|
|Contents:||Folder 1: Adventures of Olle [or] Swedish folk scenes / arranged by Blanche Talmud ; music arranged by Louis Horst, 1931. Includes a page entitled Fetes in France. Folder 2: La balteira : a dance drama of the 13th century in three scenes / by Irene Lewisohn (2 versions) Folder 3: La boutique fantasque : a pantomine ballet in two scenes ; music by Giacomo Rossini. 1919-1920. Folder 4: A Burmese pwe / by Irene Lewisohn ; assisted in arrangement of dances by Blanche Talmud ; music by Henry Eichheim. Includes typed explanatory introduction. Performed March 16, 1928. Folder 5: Cassandra's wild wedding song. Folder 6: Chout, the story of a buffoon who played a trick on seven other buffoons : a ballet in six pictures / by Serge Prokofieff. 1923-1924 (2 versions) Folder 7: Fleur and Blanchefleur (4 annotated versions) Folder 8: Harusaki : Japanese New Year games / arranged by Blanche Talmud and Frances Brundage ; music arranged by Lily May Hyland. Folder 9: Israel : a symphony for orchestra by Ernest Bloch. [Arranged for the stage by Irene Lewisohn and Nikolai Sokoloff.] Includes choreographic notes. Folder 10: Kolayada : a Russian folk scene / arranged from coll. of Kurt Schindler [by] L. Horst (multiple versions) Folder 11: Kuan Yin (fragment). Chinese and English text, 1925-1926. Folder 12: Quatuor a cordes / by Ernest Bloch. Action interpretation, January 1931 (2 versions) Folder 13: Roumanian rhapsody / [by Georges] Enesco. Includes choreographic notes, stage designs, and cast information, 1929. Folder 14: Salut au monde. 1921-1922 (2 versions) Fodler 15: The shadow garden of Shuteye Town (proposed ballet for 1914) Folder 16: Toccata and fugue in D minor / [by Johann Sebastian] Bach. Action interpretation, Feb. 1931 (2 versions). Includes notebook with choreographic notes for the Bloch quartet (no. 12) and Troubadour songs (no. 18) and stage scene drawings. Folder 17: The toy box / [by] Claude Debussy [and] André Hellé. 1916-1917 (2 versions) Folder 18: Troubadour songs. Folder 19: [Miscellaneous music and dance directions] Includes notes for a diction class. Folder 20: List of materials originally received, dated 4-9-79.|
|Other Titles:||Fleur and Blanchefleur.
Cassandra's wild wedding song.
The shadow garden of Shuteye Town.
Kolayada : a Russian folk scene.
Adventures of Olle.
Collection of annotated typescripts, 1914-1931.
- Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre.
- Enesco, Georges, -- 1881-1995. -- Adaptations.
- Bloch, Ernest, -- 1880-1959 -- Adaptations.
- Bloch quartet (Choreographic work : Humphrey, Lewisohn and Weidman)
- Bach, Johann Sebastian, -- 1685-1750 -- Adaptations.
- Toy box (Choreographic work : Hellé)
- Salut au monde (Choreographic work : Lewisohn, A and I)
- Horst, Louis.
- Lewisohn, Irene, -- -1944.
- Crowley, Alice.
- Schindler, Kurt -- Adaptations.
- Talmud, Blanche.
- Rossini, Gioacchino, -- 1792-1868 -- Adaptations.
- Boutique fantasque (Choreographic work)
- Burmese pwe (Choreographic work : Lewisohn, I)
- Eichheim, Henry, -- 1870-1942 -- Adaptations.
- Chout (Choreographic work)
- Prokofiev, Sergey, -- 1891-1953 -- Adaptations.
- Music of the troubadours (Choreographic work : Weidman?)
- Brundage, Frances, -- 1854-1937.
- Hyland, Lily.
- Israel (Choreographic work : Lewisohn, I and Sokolov, N)