Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||P A M Dirac; Leopold Infeld; Alfred Schild; J L Synge|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||17 ft., 11 in.|
There are notes, manuscripts, and correspondence relating to his book Tensor calculus (1949), written with J.L. Synge. Schild's work in the founding and administration of the UT Center for Relativity and the Texas Symposia on Relativistic Astrophysics is represented. There are also records of his consulting work with Gulf Research and Development. Most of the material is from his years in Texas. Some student course notes from his doctoral studies at the University of Toronto are included. Correspondents include P.A.M. Dirac and L. Infeld. Included are notes and drafts for publications, seminar papers, lecture and teaching notes, grant proposals, literary productions, reprints, photographs, and a sound recording.
- Dirac, P. A. M. -- (Paul Adrien Maurice), -- 1902-1984.
- Infeld, Leopold, -- 1898-1968.
- Schild, Alfred, -- 1921- -- Archives.
- Synge, J. L. -- (John Lighton), -- 1897-1995.
- Carnegie Institute of Technology.
- University of Texas at Austin. -- Center for Relativity.
- University of Texas at Austin. -- Department of Physics.
- Gulf Research & Development Co.
- Relativity (Physics)
- Calculus of tensors.
- Space and time.