Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Tallulah Morgan; Henry Pottinger; William H Ohrenberger; Robert J DiGrazia; Ruth Batson; Louise Day Hicks|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edward J Winter; Boston (Mass.). School Committee. Secretary.; Boston (Mass.). School Committee.
|Language Note:||Materials in English.|
|Description:||6 cubic feet.|
Letters from both Robert J. DiGrazia, the Boston Police Commissioner and John W. Sears, Commissioner of the Massachusetts Metropolitan District Commission (both 1975) state that the officers will remain posted in the Boston Public Schools until the climate has settled and students are safe. Letters to and from Ruth Batson of the NAACP document the initial dialogue between the NAACP and the School Committee, as the group attenpted to resolve the issue of racial imbalance in the schools. Also of interest is a special report (1975 July) by the Boston Municipal Research Bureau on the costs of desegregation in the Boston Public Schools.
Subjects include bilingual education, busing, desegregation, education, integration, racial imbalance, race relations, segregation, special education, Title VI, 1964 Civil Rights Act, and Massachusetts General Laws, chapters 636 and 766.
- Morgan, Tallulah -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Pottinger, Henry -- Correspondence.
- Ohrenberger, William H. -- Correspondence.
- DiGrazia, Robert J. -- Correspondence.
- Batson, Ruth -- Correspondence.
- Hicks, Louise Day, -- 1916-2003 -- Correspondence.
- United States. -- Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. -- Office for Civil Rights.
- United States. -- Attorney-General.
- Boston (Mass.). -- Police Department.
- Massachusetts. -- Board of Education.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
- United States. -- Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Massachusetts. -- Metropolitan District Commission.
- Boston Municipal Research Bureau.
- Public schools -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Education, Bilingual -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Busing for school integration -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Race relations.
- Segregation -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Race discrimination.
- Special education -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- School integration -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- School children -- Transportation -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Boston (Mass.) -- Politics and government.