Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Simons, G.L. (Geoffrey Leslie), 1939-
Scourging of Iraq.
New York : St. Martin's Press, 1998
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
G L Simons
|Description:||1 online resource (xxii, 363 pages) : illustrations|
|Contents:||1. The legacy of war. Preamble. The war. The targets. The people. The environment. The desolation --
2. The chronology of sanctions. Preamble. The chronology of sanctions. The disarmament issue. The 706/712/986 ploy --
3. Targeting the powerless. Preamble. The ravaged environment. The sanctions system. Suffer the children. Suffer the women. The food weapon. The health weapon. Epilogue --
4. The face of genocide. The sanctions option. The League and the United Nations. The US and sanctions. Law and the Gulf. The face of genocide. Epilogue --
5. The new holocaust. Preamble. Slow extermination. Propaganda and 986. 1990s genocide. Superpower isolation. Epilogue. App. 1. Security Council Resolutions 660 and 661 --
App. 2. EEC declaration concerning the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait; and Council Regulation (EEC) no. 2340/90 --
App. 3. Security Council Resolution 687 --
App. 4. Security Council Resolutions 707 and 715 --
App. 5. Security Council Resolutions 706, 712 and 986 --
App. 6. Rights of the child, note verbale (16 January 1995) from Iraq to UN Centre For Human Rights, Geneva --
App. 7. The impact of the blockade on Iraq, note verbale (16 January 1995) from Iraq to UN Centre for Human Rights, Geneva --
App. 8. Malaysian Conference Resolution (May 1994) against economic sanctions on Iraq --
App. 9. Protocol 1, addition to the Geneva Conventions, 1977 --
App. 10. Criminal complaint against the United States by Ramsey Clark (14 November 1996), former Attorney-general of the United States --
App. 11. Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide --
App. 12. Verdict of the International Court for Crimes Against Humanity committed by the UN Security Council on Iraq (october 1996) --
App. 13. Sanctions details in UN documents (extracts) --
March 1997 to October 1997.
- Sanctions (International law)
- Economic sanctions -- Iraq.
- Economic sanctions -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Iraq.
- United Nations -- Iraq.
- United Nations. -- Security Council -- Resolutions.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE -- Globalization.
- United Nations.
- United Nations. -- Security Council.
- Economic sanctions.