Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Grieve, A.I. (Alastair Ian).
Sculpture of Robert Adams.
London : Henry Moore Foundation, in association with Lund Humphries, 1992
|Named Person:||Robert Adams; Robert Adams; Robert Adams|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
A I Grieve; Robert Adams
|Description:||263 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm|
|Contents:||1. From provincial beginnings to the first one-man exhibition in London and contact with the Parisian avant-garde. 1917-48 --
2. The second exhibition at Gimpel Fils Gallery. The start of a reputation among the British avant-garde. Visit to the United States. Teaching at the Central School of Art. 1949-50 --
3. The Festival of Britain and the Venice Biennale. The move to abstract sculpture. 1951-52 --
4. One-man exhibitions and group exhibitions with the abstract avant-garde. 1952-56 --
5. Architectural commissions. 1954-58 --
6. The change to welded metal sculpture. 1956-60 --
7. Major one-man exhibitions at home and abroad. 1961-63 --
8. Architectural commissions. 1961-70 --
9. The last sculptures in welded steel. 1964-68 --
10. The change to carving in marble and casting in bronze. Large sculptures in stainless steel. 1968-74 --
11. The last bronzes. 1974-82 --
Catalogue of sculptures --
Chronology: Life --