|提及的人：||D H Lawrence; D H Lawrence; David Herbert Lawrence|
D H Lawrence; Mara Kalnins
|描述：||xli, 239 pages : illustrations, map ; 22 cm.|
|责任：||D.H. Lawrence ; edited by Mara Kalnins.|
Written after the First World War when he was living in Sicily, Sea and Sardinia records Lawrence's journey to Sardinia and back in January 1921. It reveals his delighted response to a new landscape and people and his uncanny ability to transmute the spirit of place into literary art. Like his other travel writings the book is also a shrewd inquiry into the political and social values of an era which saw the rise of communism and fascism. On one level an indictment of contemporary materialism, Sea and Sardinia is nevertheless an optimistic book, celebrating the creativity of the human spirit and seeking in the fundamental laws which governed human nature in the past fresh inspiration for the present. This edition restores censored passages and corrects corrupt textual readings to reveal for the first time the book Lawrence himself called 'a marvel of veracity'.
- Sardinia (Italy) -- Description and travel.
- Lawrence, D. H. -- (David Herbert), -- 1885-1930 -- Travel -- Italy -- Sardinia.
- Lawrence, D. H. -- (David Herbert), -- 1885-1930
- Italy -- Sardinia.
- Lawrence, David Herbert, -- (1885-1930) -- Voyages -- Sardaigne (Italie)
- Sardaigne (Italie) -- Descriptions et voyages -- Sources.
- Lawrence -- H. -- David Herbert -- 1885-1930 -- Journeys -- Italy -- Sardinia.