Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Everardo; Jennifer Harbury; Everardo; Jennifer Harbury|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||328 pages ; 24 cm|
|Responsibility:||Jennifer K. Harbury.|
During combat in March 1992, Everardo vanished, and Harbury began her long, fiercely desperate search to find him. Two governments - one of them our own - blatantly lied to her. She would endure the nightmare of watching bodies unearthed from unmarked graves. Eventually, she would stage three hunger strikes - two in Guatemala City and another in front of the White House - to force officials to disclose their files. Her crusade attracted the attention of the world, galvanized public protest against the thousands of Latin American victims of official injustice, and inspired congressional investigations into long-standing abuses by the State Department and the CIA.
- Everardo, -- 1957-
- Guerrillas -- Guatemala -- Biography.
- Mayas -- Guatemala -- Biography.
- Guatemala -- Politics and government -- 1985-
- Government, Resistance to -- Guatemala.
- Harbury, Jennifer.
- Women human rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Women human rights workers -- Guatemala -- Biography.
- Americans -- Guatemala -- Biography.
- Government, Resistance to.
- Politics and government
- Women human rights workers.
- United States.