Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||254 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||'Set Europe Ablaze' --
Kindling the Fire --
Tricks of the Trade --
Getting There --
A Burglar's Operation --
Keep the Flag of Freedom Flying --
Blowing up Bridges --
'These Heroic Men' --
Landing by Moonlight --
The Radio War --
Living on Air --
Balkan Inferno --
Fighting for France --
Behind the Lines --
Making Mayhem --
Dousing the Flames.
"The details of the men and women - many of them civilians with no qualifications or experience - who risked their lives to fight this secret war are recounted here. Through the personal reminiscences of these courageous individuals, Secret Agent reveals the covert world of the SOE: how the operatives were recruited; the daring operations they carried out; the radio and coding systems that kept them in touch with London; and the James Bond-style gadgets designed to help them carry out their missions. Breaking their long silence, these brave survivors finally tell their own stories in their own words."--Jacket.
- Great Britain. -- Special Operations Executive -- History.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Secret service -- Great Britain.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Military intelligence -- Great Britain.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements.
- Great Britain. -- Special Operations Executive.
- Military intelligence.
- Secret service.
- Underground movements, War.
- Great Britain.