Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Graeme P Herd
|Notes:||Includes bibliographical references and index|
|Description:||XIII, 233 S|
|Contents:||Part I: Introduction 1. From Soviet bloc to democratic security building? Part II: Baltic Security Politics 2. The post-Prague strategic orientation of the Baltic States 3. Security: lynchpin of Baltic cooperation 4. Russia's Baltic Policy in an era of EU integration Part III: Interstate Relations in the Core CIS 5. The 'normalisation' of Russian Foreign Policy: the role of pragmatic nationalism and big business 6. Border security implications for dual enlargement: a comparison of Russia and Ukraine 7. Imperialism to Realism: the role of the West in Russian foreign policy towards Ukraine 8. The union of Belarus and Russia: The role of NATO and the EU Part IV: Security Politics in the CIS Periphery 9. Security concerns in post-Soviet Moldova 10. Security Regime building in the South Caucasus 11. Western approaches to security cooperations with Central Asian states: advancing the Euro-Atlantic security order in Eurasia Part V: Security Dynamics 12. Characterising (in)Security in Eurasia Bibliography Index|
|Responsibility:||ed. by Graeme P. Herd ...|
'This book offers a good resource allowing a broader understanding of how and why the republics of the former USSR have developed in different ways. It is easy to read and the layout and content of
- Democratization -- Former Soviet republics.
- National security -- Former Soviet republics.
- Post-communism -- Former Soviet republics.
- Former Soviet republics -- Foreign relations.
- Former Soviet republics -- Politics and government.
- Diplomatic relations
- National security
- Politics and government
- Soviet Union -- Former Soviet republics
- Democratization -- Former Soviet republics
- Former Soviet republics -- Foreign relations
- Geschichte -- 1980-2003
- National security -- Former Soviet republics
- Post-communism -- Former Soviet republics
- Geschichte 1989-2003