Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||Reader's Digest Association.|
|Notes:||"4 exciting mysteries"--Jacket.|
|Description:||573 pages : color illustrations ; 20 cm.|
|Contents:||No place like home / Mary Higgins Clark --
Twisted / Jonathan Kellerman --
False testimony / Rose Connors --
This dame for hire / Sandra Scoppettone.
|Series Title:||Select editions, vol. 282.|
|Responsibility:||selected and edited by Reader's digest.|
Twisted: When a brutal murder is scheduled for June 28th, detective Petra Connor must find the serial killer who, so far, has evaded the police.
False testimony: Courtroom justice turned inside-out when attorneys battle against their own clients.
This dame for hire: New York, 1943. Almost anything in pants has gone to serve Uncle Sam in the war-including Woody Mason, the head of a detective agency in midtown Manhattan. Left to run the show is his secretary, Faye Quick. At twenty-six and five foot four, there's not much to Faye, but she's got moxie-which she'll need when she stumbles over a dead girl in the street and takes on her first murder case.
- Violence in children -- Fiction.
- Mothers -- Death -- Fiction.
- Married women -- Fiction.
- Abused wives -- Fiction.
- Stepfathers -- Fiction.
- Delaware, Alex (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Connor, Petra (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Police -- California -- Los Angeles -- Fiction.
- Serial murders -- Fiction.
- Policewomen -- Fiction.
- Psychopaths -- Fiction.
- Nickerson, Marty (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Attorney and client -- Fiction.
- False testimony -- Fiction.
- Women lawyers -- Fiction.
- Perjury -- Fiction.
- Women private investigators -- New York (State) -- New York -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- New York (State) -- New York -- Fiction.