Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Selling welfare reform.
New York : New York University Press, ©2009
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9781441615664 1441615660 9780814777374 0814777376|
|Description:||1 online resource (x, 319 pages) : illustrations|
|Contents:||"Selling work-first" --
"You're all doing the wrong thing" --
"A new way of doing business" --
New technology and new customers --
"We are a thorn in the side of those who won't change" : buying into work-first --
"Not everybody fits into their box" : work-first, gender, race, and families --
"Don't blame me, it wasn't up to me!" --
Envisioning "a new common sense."
Ridzi provides a deeply grounded and richly detailed view of the many activities that have produced a new U.S. welfare regime. His focus on implementation gives fresh insight into the complex
- Public welfare -- United States.
- Welfare recipients -- Employment -- Government policy -- United States.
- Poor -- Government policy -- United States.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE -- Poverty & Homelessness.
- Poor -- Government policy.
- Public welfare.
- Welfare recipients -- Employment -- Government policy.
- United States.