도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|추가적인 물리적 형식:||Online version:
Weaver, John D. (John Downing), 1912-2002.
Senator and the sharecropper's son.
College Station : Texas A&M University Press, c1997
|명시된 사람:||Dorsie W Willis; Joseph Benson Foraker; Theodore Roosevelt; Joseph Benson Foraker; Theodore Roosevelt; Dorsie W Willis|
|자료 유형:||전기, 정부 간행물, 주 또는 도 정부 간행물|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
John D Weaver
|설명:||xxii, 271 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|책임:||John D. Weaver.|
|더 많은 정보:|
exoneration. Weaver now traces the intertwined lives of Ohio's Senator Joseph B. Foraker, who risked his political career in an eloquent defense of the soldiers, who "asked no favors because they are Negroes but only for justice because they are men"; of Dorsie Willis, the Mississippi sharecropper's son who emerged from obscurity as the black battalion's last survivor; and of the New York aristocrat who linked the fates of those two men - the flamboyant and popular.
Theodore Roosevelt. Weaver's narrative explores these tangled lives against the background of "the color line," which W. E. B. Du Bois defined in 1903 as "the problem of the twentieth century."
"Effectively combines Weaver's personal reminiscences with deeply researched and beautifully written history. . . . illuminates as few other works [have] the era of Theodore Roosevelt and Joseph
- African American soldiers -- Texas -- Brownsville -- History -- 20th century.
- Brownsville (Tex.) -- Race relations.
- United States -- Race relations.
- United States. -- Army -- African American troops -- History -- 20th century.
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 25th -- History -- 20th century.
- Riots -- Texas -- Brownsville -- History -- 20th century.
- Willis, Dorsie W.
- Foraker, Joseph Benson, -- 1846-1917.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, -- 1858-1919.
- Entlastung (Recht)
- Brownsville (Tex.)
- United States. -- Army.
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 25th.
- African American soldiers.
- Military participation -- African American.
- Race relations.
- Texas -- Brownsville.
- United States.