Historical television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Sidney Poitier; George Stevens, Jr.; Burt Lancaster
|餘額：||Executive producers, George Stevens, Jr., Stan Margulies ; writer and director, George Stevens, Jr.|
|演員名單:||Sidney Poitier, Burt Lancaster, Richard Kiley.|
|描述：||2 videocassettes (193 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.|
|責任：||Republic Pictures Corporation.|
The year is 1950 ... and America is divided between black and white. Schools, restaurants, trains and buses ... even drinking fountains cannot be shared by both races. Although slavery has been outlawed for nearly a century, segregation is legal. But white and Negro facilities are separate and unequal ... and the tension has reached a breaking point for the blacks of Clarendon County, South Carolina. When their request for a single school bus is denied by white school officials, a bitter, violent and courageous battle for justice and equality begins ... putting black against white and friend against neighbor all across the country.
- Segregation -- United States -- Drama.
- Segregation -- Drama.
- United States. -- Supreme Court -- History -- Drama.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- Drama.
- African Americans -- Segregation -- South Carolina -- Clarendon County -- Drama.
- Clarendon County (S.C.) -- Drama.
- Race discrimination -- Fiction.
- Afro-Americans -- Civil rights -- Fiction.