|语言注释：||English and Cherokee.|
|奖励：||Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Honor, 2005.|
|描述：||1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 30 cm.|
|责任：||by James Rumford.|
While walking through a forest of sequoias, a father tells his family the story of the tree's namesake. Sequoyah was a Cherokee man who invented a system of writing for his people. His neighbors feared the symbols he wrote and burned down his home. All of his work was lost, but, still determined, he tried another approach. The Cherokee people finally accepted the written language after Sequoyah taught his six-year-old daughter to read.
- Sequoyah, -- 1770?-1843.
- Cherokee Indians -- Biography.
- Cherokee language -- Writing.
- Cherokee language -- Alphabet.
- Sibert Informational Book Medal(47 资料)
由 sarahridinger 已更新 2013-05-07
- Biography - ELL(123 资料)
由 EWU-Center 已更新 2013-10-11
- Sibert Informational Book Medal(48 资料)
由 ccicchetti 已更新 2013-02-19
- Robert F. Sibert Medal and Honor Books(46 资料)
由 dordtlibrary 已更新 大约一个月前
- Biography project(32 资料)
由 Lmcshane 已更新 2012-11-21