Vyhledat exemplář v knihovně
Vyhledávání knihoven, které vlastní tento dokument...
|Osoba:||Elliott Godoff; David Livingston; Jesse Olson; Nelson A Rockefeller; William Taylor; Harry Van Arsdale|
|Typ dokumentu:||Archival Material|
|Všichni autoři/tvůrci:||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees.|
|In:||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees|
|Popis:||1 transcript (23 p.)|
William Taylor discusses the participation of Bob Burke and David Livingston (RWDSU) in the PAC; the donations of manpower, food and financial aid from members of RWDSU, District 65; conduct of the 1959 hospital organizing campaign; organizing maintenance, technical, clerical employees and licensed practical nurses; organizing hospitals on an industrial basis; the leadership and organizing tactics of Jesse Olson and Elliott Godoff; union administration under the PAC; jailings and court injunctions; agreement between the Honest Ballot Association and 1199 for conduct of the recognition election at Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital; Harry Van Arsdale's and Nelson A. Rockefeller's intervention to settle the hospital strike (1959); a comparison of union administration under the PAC, New York State and National Labor Relations Boards; state and federal laws banning strikes; jurisdictional disputes between Service Employees International Union, Local 144 and 1199; collective negotiations conducted between Mt. Sinai Hospital and 1199; establishment of the League of Voluntary Hospitals (LVH); strategy of 1967 collective negotiations to establish disability and benefits funds; the LVH position on association collective bargaining; organizing blacks, blue collar and women workers; and the promotion of rank and file members to leadership positions.
Související předmětová hesla:(15)
- Godoff, Elliott.
- Livingston, David.
- Olson, Jesse.
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. -- (Nelson Aldrich), -- 1908-1979.
- Taylor, William.
- Van Arsdale, Harry, -- 1905-
- Honest Ballot Association.
- League of Voluntary Hospitals and Homes of New York.
- Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital.
- Mount Sinai Hospital (New York, N.Y.)
- National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees. -- District 1199.
- Permanent Administrative Committee (New York, N.Y.)
- Hospital Workers' Strike, New York, N.Y., 1969.
- Labor unions -- United States -- Officials and employees.
- Women labor union members -- New York (State) -- New York.