|Name:||George W Brooks; James Buckley; Leon J Davis; Moe Foner; John V Lindsay; George Meany; Richard M Nixon; Paul O'Dwyer; Nelson A Rockefeller; Albert Shanker; Lowell P Weicker|
|Alle Autoren:||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees.|
|In:||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees|
|Beschreibung:||6 linear ft.|
Records of Davis include speeches and addresses on the New York City hospital strike (1967), minority workers, union politics, strikes, the economy, union organizing, the economics of collective bargaining, interunion relations, Jews' influence in American society, Israel, and civil rights; reports on the state of the union, union conventions, union finances, union organizing, the Labor Management Relations Act, and collective bargaining; memoranda, notes and letters pertaining to Davis' trip to Europe and the U.S.S.R. (1965), a testimonial dinner for Davis (1970), contributions to Israeli and civil rights organizations, and foreign labor unions.
Also, correspondence of Davis with the Central Committee of the United Workers Party of Israel on Israeli politics, unions, Arab-Israeli relations, kibbutzim, and training programs (1964-1968), and correspondence with the Central Committee of Medical Workers of the U.S.S.R. and with hospital workers' unions in Poland, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Japan, and Singapore on pharmacies, hospital unions, conferences, and international union relations (1965-1973).
Additionally, correspondence of Davis and Foner with their personal friends, union members, and officers on personal business and various social and political issues, as well as incoming letters from the public and from various labor organizations regarding 1199's activities. Additionally, general correspondence of Davis and Foner pertaining to civil rights, minority groups, urban renewal, the economy, conferences, legislation, strikes, union organizing, union activities, political campaigns, and social and political issues.
Major correspondents include the Retail, Wholesale, and Department Store Union, United Jewish Appeal, New York Committee for Trade Union Action and Democracy, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, American Trade Union Council, National Trade Union Council, National Trade Conference on Public Service Employment, League of Women Voters, League of Voluntary Hospitals, Cost of Living Council, Union for Radical Political Economy, Health Insurance Plan Inc., Committee for Racial Assurance, New Jersey Industrial Unions Council, New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation, National Afro-American Labor Council, and Americans for Democratic Action.
Additionally, letters of Davis and Foner to Mayor John V. Lindsay on the jailing of Albert Shanker; to George Meany on pension legislation; to President Richard M. Nixon, James Buckley and Lowell Weicker on minimum wage legislation; to George Brooks (professor, New York State School of Industrial and Labor Relations) on protective labor legislation for health care workers; and to Paul O'Dwyer, Nelson Rockefeller, Richard Nixon, and John Lindsay on various social and political issues.
- Brooks, George W.
- Buckley, James -- (James Lane), -- 1923-
- Davis, Leon J. -- (Leon Julius), -- 1907-
- Foner, Moe, -- 1915-
- Lindsay, John V. -- (John Vliet)
- Meany, George, -- 1894-1980.
- Nixon, Richard M. -- (Richard Milhous), -- 1913-1994.
- O'Dwyer, Paul, -- 1907-1998.
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. -- (Nelson Aldrich), -- 1908-1979.
- Shanker, Albert.
- Weicker, Lowell P. -- (Lowell Palmer), -- 1931-
- Americans for Democratic Action.
- American Trade Union Council.
- Committee for Racial Assurance.
- Cost of Living Council (U.S.)
- Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York.
- League of Voluntary Hospitals and Homes of New York.
- League of Women Voters of New York State.
- Medical Workers of the U.S.S.R. -- Central Committee.
- National Afro-American Labor Council.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
- National Trade Conference on Public Service Employment.
- National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees. -- District 1199.
- New Jersey Industrial Unions Council.
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation.
- New York Committee for Trade Union Action and Democracy.
- Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union.
- Singapore National Trades Union Congress.
- Union for Radical Political Economics.
- United Jewish Appeal.
- United Workers' Party of Israel. -- Central Committee.
- Jewish-Arab relations.
- Labor laws and legislation -- United States.
- Minorities -- United States.
- Labor unions -- Bulgaria.
- Labor unions -- Czechoslovakia.
- Labor unions -- Hungary.
- Labor unions -- Japan.
- Labor unions -- Poland.
- Labor unions -- Political activity -- United States.
- Labor unions and international relations -- United States.
- Urban renewal -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Israel -- Politics and government.