Find a copy in the library
|Named Person:||Arvid Anderson; Andrew J Biemiller; Allan Brownstein; Edward Corsi; Thomas E Dewey; Victor Gotbaum; I M Ives; Jacob K Javits; Edwin C Johnson; Herbert H Lehman; John V Lindsay; George S McGovern; Mary McLaughlin; Nelson A Rockefeller; Seymour R Thaler; Harry S Truman|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees.|
|In:||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees|
|Description:||Subseries 4, parts a and b: 11 linear feet.|
Documents generated and collected by 1199's research and legislative action staff pertain to medical care, fair trade, health insurance, and labor legislation. Include reports of Jay Rubin (New York City Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO) on union medicaid; Seymour Thaler (senator, New York State) on New York City hospitals; Maurice Mermey (member, New York Fair Trade Bureau) on fair trade; Jacob Javits (senator) on pension legislation; and Health Insurance Plan Inc. on medicine costs and prepaid prescription plans. Also, memoranda and notes pertaining to the New York State Labor Relations Act's effects upon voluntary hospitals, minority workers in drug stores, juvenile delinquency, youth workers, prepaid prescription plans, Blue Cross/Blue Shield reimbursement rates, union policy on New York hospitals, health maintenance organizations, health insurance plans and Medstore private drug plans.
Also, drafts and notes of bills before federal and New York State legislatures relating to medicine costs, Medicare, Medicaid, product safety, mental health, national health insurance, New York State health insurance, hospitals, preventive health services for school children, social security, retail trade, the National Public Service Act and Manpower Development Training Act, the pharmaceutical industry, welfare reform, unemployment insurance, fair trade, monopolies, the Clayton Anti-Trust Act, the Medicredit Act, and Kennedy-Griffiths bills.
Also, statements before various legislative bodies by Eveline Burns (National Consumer League), Leon Davis, and Andrew Biemiller (director, Legislative Department, AFL-CIO) on social security; and statements by Jesse Olson, Moe Foner, Leon Davis, George Glotzer, and Allan Brownstein (officers, 1199) on health care, health insurance and labor legislation. Additionally, correspondence and letters of various 1199 officers to President Truman, Irving Ives, Herbert Lehman, and Edwin C. Johnson (senators) on organized crime, the Korean War and repeal of the McCarran and Smith Acts (1951); of Edwin Corsi (industrial commissioner, New York State) on minimum wage laws; of Governor Thomas E. Dewey on extension of unemployment benefits (1949); of Governor Rockefeller, George McGovern (senator), the New York City Central Labor Council, U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare, American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, United Auto Workers, the Medical Committee for Human Rights, and the League of Voluntary Hospitals on health care; of the Emergency Committee for Pharmacy and Public Health, Nassau-Suffolk Pharmaceutical Society on Health Insurance Plan Inc. proposals; of Mary McLaughlin (New York City Commission of Public Health) on the Social Service Law; and of Victor Gotbaum (chairman, New York City Municipal Labor Committee), Arvid Anderson (member, New York City Municipal Labor Committee) and Mayor John V. Lindsay on collective bargaining in New York City (19671̲970).
- Anderson, Arvid.
- Biemiller, Andrew J.
- Brownstein, Allan.
- Corsi, Edward, -- 1896-1965.
- Dewey, Thomas E. -- (Thomas Edmund), -- 1902-1971.
- Gotbaum, Victor.
- Ives, I. M. -- (Irving M.)
- Javits, Jacob K. -- (Jacob Koppel), -- 1904-
- Johnson, Edwin C. -- (Edwin Carl), -- 1884-
- Lehman, Herbert H. -- (Herbert Henry), -- 1878-1963.
- Lindsay, John V. -- (John Vliet)
- McGovern, George S. -- (George Stanley), -- 1922-2012.
- McLaughlin, Mary.
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. -- (Nelson Aldrich), -- 1908-1979.
- Thaler, Seymour R.
- Truman, Harry S., -- 1884-1972.
- Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York.
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America.
- League of Voluntary Hospitals and Homes of New York.
- Medical Committee for Human Rights (U.S.)
- Nassau-Suffolk Pharmaceutical Society.
- National Consumers League.
- National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees. -- District 1199.
- New York City Central Labor Council.
- New York Fair Trade Bureau.
- New York (N.Y.). -- Municipal Labor Committee.
- New York (State). -- Labor Relations Act.
- United States. -- Clayton Act (Trusts)
- United States. -- Dept. of Health, Education, and Welfare.
- United States. -- Manpower Development and Training Act of 1962.
- United States. -- Medicredit Act.
- United States. -- Public Service Act.
- United States. -- Smith Act, 1951.
- Civil rights -- United States.
- Collective bargaining -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Health maintenance organizations -- United States.
- Health planning -- New York (State)
- Hospitals -- New York (State)
- Health insurance -- United States.
- Unemployment insurance -- United States.
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- United States -- Public opinion.
- Labor laws and legislation -- New York (State)
- Labor laws and legislation -- United States.
- Minorities -- Employment -- United States.
- Organized crime -- United States.
- Public welfare -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Labor unions -- Political activity -- United States.
- Youth -- Employment -- United States.