Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Trials, litigation, etc|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David L Cole
|In:||Cole, David Lawrence, 1902-1977|
|Description:||2 linear ft.|
Cases covered include Carnegie Steel Co. vs. United Steelworkers of America; Androscoggin Mills et al. vs. Textile Workers' Union of America (TWUA); Duplan Corporation vs. TWUA; Pepperell Manufacturing et al. vs. TWUA; Swift and Company et al. vs. United Packinghouse Workers of America; Public Service Coordinated Transport and Public Interstate Company vs. the Amalgamated Association of Street, Electric Railway and Motor Coach Employees of America; Remington Rand vs. the International Association of Machinists; Babcock and Wilcox vs. United Electrical Workers; Random House, Incorporated vs. United Office and Professional Workers of America; United Artists vs. Screen Office and Professional Employees Guild; Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company vs. the United Cracker Workers of Greater New York; and Western Union Telegraph Company vs. American Communications Association.
Issues dealt with include wage rates; the "Little Steel" formula; cost of living; profits in steel industry; Christmas and year-end bonus payments; job descriptions; incentive bonus pay; checkoff; absentee bonus plan; and overtime pay among others.
- Amalgamated Association of Street, Electric Railway and Motor Coach Employees of America.
- American Communications Association.
- Androscoggin Mills.
- Babcock and Wilcox.
- Carnegie Steel Company.
- Duplan Corporation.
- International Association of Machinists.
- Pepperell Manufacturing.
- Public Interstate Company.
- Public Service Coordinated Transport.
- Random House (Firm)
- Remington Rand, Inc.
- Screen Office and Professional Employees Guild.
- Swift & Company.
- Textile Workers Union of America.
- United Artists Corporation.
- United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America.
- United Office and Professional Workers of America.
- United Packinghouse Workers of America.
- United States. -- Milk Commission.
- United States. -- National War Labor Board (1942-1945)
- United States. -- Northern Textile Commission.
- United States. -- Steel Commission.
- United Steelworkers of America.
- Western Union Telegraph Company.
- Arbitration, Industrial -- United States -- Cases.
- Cost and standard of living -- United States.
- War and emergency powers -- United States.
- Arbitration, Industrial.
- Cost and standard of living.
- War and emergency powers.
- United States.