Find a copy in the library
|Named Person:||William J Ryan|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees.|
|In:||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees|
|Description:||Subseries 2, parts a and b: 30 linear ft.|
Include memoranda and notes pertaining to layoffs, union elections, strikes, grievances, position classification and position description, wage and price stabilization, interorganizational relations between Local 144 (Service Employees International Union) and 1199, wages, hours of work and working conditions, anti-union activity, organizing campaigns in New York, Baltimore, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina, hiring halls, violence, collective negotiations, arbitration cases, a model hospital contract (1965-1966), relations between 1199 and the League of Voluntary Hospitals (LVH), appeals to wage and salary boards, pension fund investments, disputes with the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation on the rollback of workers, jurisdictional disputes between the AFL-CIO and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), and refusal to bargain.
Also, minutes and agenda of the Board of Trustees of the LVH Training and Upgrading Fund, and the Membership, Negotiations and Pensions Committees; legal documents and correspondence relating to court and arbitration cases; grievance reports; arbitration awards and decisions; strike manuals; personnel manuals, annual reports, bulletins and press releases of various hospitals and nursing homes; proposals, drafts and amended copies of collective agreements; financial statements; leaflets; election materials; clippings; and press releases.
Additionally, reports and statements of the New York State Assembly on an investigation of unfair labor practice charges against Adelphi Hospital; New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation, Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center on the West Bronx Health Planning Study (1973); William J. Ryan (congressman) on the 1962 Beth-El Hospital strike; New York and New Jersey Departments of Labor on wages, hours of work and working conditions of hospital workers (1961); Cost of Living Council on the settlement of the wage dispute between the LVH and 1199; and the LVH Training and Upgrading Fund on policies, form and substance of programs and courses, finances and participants.
- Ryan, William J.
- Adelphi Hospital (New York, N.Y.)
- Beth-El Hospital (New York, N.Y.)
- League of Voluntary Hospitals and Homes of New York.
- Montefiore Hospital Medical Group (New York, N.Y.)
- National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees. -- District 1199.
- New Jersey. -- Department of Labor.
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation.
- New York (State). -- Department of Labor.
- New York (State). -- Legislature. -- Assembly.
- New York State Labor Relations Board.
- Service Employees International Union. -- Local 144 (New York, N.Y.)
- United States. -- National Labor Relations Board.
- Beth-El Hospital Strike, 1962.
- Wage-price policy -- United States.