Trouver un exemplaire dans la bibliothèque
|Personne nommée :||William J Abelow; Peter J Brennan; Joseph Carlino; M P Catherwood; Raymond Corbett; Leon J Davis; Moe Foner; Elliott Godoff; Arthur J Goldberg; Max Greenberg; Harold C Hanover; Theodore Woodrow Kheel; Louis Lefkowitz; Herbert H Lehman; John V Lindsay; George Meany; Norman Metzger; Joseph Monserrat; Emilio Nuñez; Jesse Olson; Adam Clayton Powell, Jr.; A Philip Randolph; A H Raskin; Edward Ray; Eleanor Roosevelt; Walter Reuther; Abraham Stark; William Taylor; Doris Turner; Harry Van Arsdale; Robert F Wagner|
|Format :||Document mixte|
|Tous les auteurs / collaborateurs :||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees.|
|Numéro OCLC :||122611876|
|Dans :||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees|
|Description :||Subseries 3, parts a : and c: 23 linear ft.|
The documents reflect 1199's strategies in organizing workers in voluntary and non-profit hospitals and nursing homes, chiefly in the metropolitan New York area; alliances with civil rights organizations; informational drives; and lobbying campaigns to amass public support for the passage of federal and state laws guaranteeing protected status and collective bargaining rights for hospital workers.
Correspondence of Leon Davis, Moe Foner, Jesse Olson, Edward Kay, Doris Turner, Elliott Godoff and William Taylor (officers, 1199) pertain to 1199's organizing campaigns, strikes, and lobbying activities for the passage of labor legislation for hospital workers. Correspondents include William Abelow (executive director, League of Voluntary Hospitals (LVH); Citizens Committee for Equal Rights; Martin P. Catherwood (commissioner of Industrial Relations, New York State); Joseph Carlino (speaker, New York Assembly); Americans for Democratic Action; Raymond Corbett (legislative chairman, AFL-CIO); Max Greenberg (president, Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU)); Theodore Kheel; Arthur Goldberg (secretary of labor); Louis Lefkowitz (attorney general, New York); Senator Jacob Javits and Senator Herbert Lehman; Harold Hanover (president, New York State AFL-CIO); Mayors Robert Wagner and John Lindsay; the National Urban League; Emilio Nuñez; Norman Metzger (assistant director, Mount Sinai Hospital); New York State Nurses Association; New York State Liberal Party; and George Meany (president, AFL-CIO).
Also, correspondence of Eleanor Roosevelt; Walter Reuther (president, Alliance for Labor Action); Abraham Stark (president, Borough of Brooklyn); Governor Nelson Rockefeller; A. Philip Randolph; Congressman Adam Clayton Powell; the United Auto Workers; Harry Van Arsdale; Abe Raskin (editor, New York Times); the Committee for Justice to Hospital Workers; Joseph Monserrat (director, Office of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico); and routine correspondence with various editors and journalists, U.S. senators, Congressmen, New York State Assemblymen and senators, administrators of hospitals, nursing homes, and government and social action agencies.
Also, correspondence of Foner, Taylor and Davis with Peter Brennan (president, Building and Construction Trades Council) and Harry Van Arsdale concerning union jurisdiction and employee raiding; and various 1199 officers with the public, other unions, and philanthropic, religious, and political organizations and social action agencies regarding support and contributions for 1199 strikes and organizing campaigns.
Sujets associés :(45)
- Abelow, William J.
- Brennan, Peter J.
- Carlino, Joseph.
- Catherwood, M. P. -- (Martin Paul), -- 1904-1978.
- Corbett, Raymond.
- Davis, Leon J. -- (Leon Julius), -- 1907-
- Foner, Moe, -- 1915-
- Godoff, Elliott.
- Goldberg, Arthur J.
- Greenberg, Max.
- Hanover, Harold C.
- Kheel, Theodore Woodrow.
- Lefkowitz, Louis.
- Lehman, Herbert H. -- (Herbert Henry), -- 1878-1963.
- Lindsay, John V. -- (John Vliet)
- Meany, George, -- 1894-1980.
- Metzger, Norman, -- 1924-
- Monserrat, Joseph.
- Nuñez, Emilio.
- Olson, Jesse.
- Powell, Adam Clayton, -- Jr., -- 1908-1972.
- Randolph, A. Philip -- (Asa Philip)
- Raskin, A. H. -- (Abraham Henry), -- 1911-
- Ray, Edward.
- Roosevelt, Eleanor, -- 1884-1962.
- Reuther, Walter, -- 1907-1970.
- Stark, Abraham.
- Taylor, William.
- Turner, Doris.
- Van Arsdale, Harry, -- 1905-1986.
- Wagner, Robert F., -- 1910-
- Americans for Democratic Action.
- Citizens' Committee for Equal Rights.
- Committee for Justice to Hospital Workers.
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America.
- League of Voluntary Hospitals and Homes of New York.
- Liberal Party of New York State.
- National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees/ -- District 1199.
- National Urban League.
- New York State Nurses Association.
- Labor laws and legislation -- New York (State)
- Labor laws and legislation -- United States.
- Labor unions -- Political activity -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Labor unions -- Political activity -- New York (State)
- Labor unions -- Political activity -- United States.