|提及的人：||H Rap Brown; Stokely Carmichael; Raymond Corbett; Thomas Kilbourne; Jay Lovestone; Peter Otley; A Philip Randolph; Nelson A Rockefeller; Bayard Rustin; Roy Wilkins; Charles S Zimmerman|
|所有的著者/提供者：||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees.|
|在：||National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees|
|描述：||1 transcript (25 p.)|
Rustin discusses A. Philip Randolph's connections with 1199; contacts with Governor Rockefeller; the passage of collective bargaining legislation for hospital workers; relations with Leon Davis, the American Labor Council, Raymond Corbett, Harry Van Arsdale, Jay Lovestone, and Charles Zimmerman; 1199 leaders' reaction to red-baiting; his role in setting up a meeting between Davis and Peter Otley; contacts with New York City government; the formation of the Citizens Committee for Justice to Hospital Workers; leafleting hospital workers; the participation of civil rights organizations in hospital demonstrations; and the connections between Randolph, Davis, and Thomas Kilbourne (Harlem clergyman), Congressman Adam Clayton Powell, the Negro American Labor Council, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, the Urban League, the National Council of Negro Women, and the Congress of Racial Equality.
Also discussed are the recruitment and training of minority building construction workers; the reaction of black leaders to red-baiting of 1199 leaders; black leadership of 1199; relationships between blacks, Catholic leaders and hospital boards; and the connections of New York politicians to Jewish leaders and hospital boards. Also commented upon are the roles played by Roy Wilkins, Stokely Carmichael, H. Rap Brown, and Malcom X in leading civil rights demonstrations; the teachers' strike and community control in New York City (1968); 1199's position on Vietnam; the formulation of the collective politics of labor unions and the exchange of opinions between leaders and rank and file.
- Brown, H. Rap.
- Carmichael, Stokely.
- Corbett, Raymond.
- Kilbourne, Thomas.
- Lovestone, Jay.
- Otley, Peter.
- Randolph, A. Philip -- (Asa Philip)
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. -- (Nelson Aldrich), -- 1908-1979.
- Rustin, Bayard, -- 1912-1987.
- Wilkins, Roy, -- 1901-
- Zimmerman, Charles S., -- 1896-1983.
- American Labor Council.
- Citizens' Committee for Justice to Hospital Workers.
- Congress of Racial Equality.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
- National Council of Negro Women.
- National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees. -- District 1199.
- Negro American Labor Council.
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
- Labor -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- United States.
- Civil rights movements -- United States.
- Labor -- Religious aspects -- Judaism.
- Labor unions -- Political activity -- United States.
- Labor unions and communism -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Public opinion.