Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Makowski, Silk, 1940-
Serious about series.
Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 1998
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Silk Makowski; Dorothy M Broderick
|Description:||ix, 291 pages ; 22 cm|
|Contents:||Introduction: Why Study Teen Paperback Series? --
Beverly Hills 90210 by Mel Gilden and others --
Boyfriends, Girlfriends by Katherine Applegate --
Buffy the Vampire Slayer by various authors --
Cedar River Daydreams by Judy Baer --
Chain Letters, etc. by Christopher Pike --
Clueless by various authors --
Dark Moon Legacy by Cynthia Blair --
Dream Girls by Rosemary Joyce --
18 Pine Street by Walter Dean Myers and Stacie Johnson --
Fear Street by R.L. Stine --
First Comes Love by Jennifer Baker --
Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith --
Ford Supermodels of the World by B.B. Calhoun --
Frankenstein's Children by Richard Pierce --
Freshman Dorm by Linda A. Cooney --
Ghostworld by Barbara and Scott Siegel --
Girl Friends by Nicole Grey --
Hardy Boys Casefiles by Franklin W. Dixon --
Horror High by Nicholas Adams --
Jennie McGrady Mystery by Patricia H. Rushford --
Kisses by Diane Namm --
Last Summer, First Love by Jennifer Baker --
Lifeguards by Todd Strasser --
Love Stories by various authors --
Med Center by Diane Hoh --
Mollie Fox Mysteries by Peter Nelson --
Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mysteries by Carolyn Keene --
Nancy Drew Files by Carolyn Keene --
Night World by L.J. Smith --
Nightmare Club by various authors --
Nightmare Hall by Diane Hoh --
Nightmare Inn by T.S. Rue --
Ocean City by Katherine Applegate --
One Last Wish by Lurlene McDaniel --
Photographer by Barbara Steiner --
Point Thrillers and Chillers by various authors --
Power by Jesse Harris --
Ray Bradbury's Dinosaur World by Stephen Leigh and others --
Sabrina the Teenage Witch by various authors --
Scared to Death by Ted Pickford --
Scream by various authors --
Secret Circle by L.J. Smith --
Secret Diaries by Janice Harrell --
Shockers by John Peel --
SpringSong Books by various authors --
Sunset After Hours by Cherie Bennett --
Sunset Island by Cherie Bennett --
Survive! by various authors --
Surviving 16 by Cherie Bennett --
Sweet Dreams by various authors --
Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley University by Francine Pascal --
Sylvia Smith-Smith Novels by Peter Nelson --
Terror Academy by Nicholas Pine --
Tom Swift by Victor Appleton --
Trash by Cherie Bennett and Jeff Gottesfeld --
Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith --
Vampire Twins by Janice Harrell --
Video High by Marilyn Kaye --
Voices Romance by Arlynn Presser --
Wild Hearts by Cherie Bennett --
Wild Rose Inn by Jennifer Armstrong --
X Files by various authors.
|Responsibility:||by Silk Makowski ; edited by Dorothy M. Broderick.|
At a minimum, anyone in charge of purchasing books for teens should read the introduction, including the criteria for review and the genre definition. Then read the evaluations and annotations and
- Young adult fiction, American -- History and criticism.
- Young adults -- Books and reading -- United States.
- Teenagers -- Books and reading -- United States.
- Paperbacks -- United States -- Evaluation.
- Series (Publications) -- Evaluation.
- Teenagers -- United States -- Books and reading.
- Young adults -- United States -- Books and reading.
- Paperbacks -- Evaluation.
- Teenagers -- Books and reading.
- Young adult fiction, American.
- Young adults -- Books and reading.
- United States.
- Young adult fiction, American -- History and criticism
- Young adults -- Books and reading -- United States
- Teenagers -- Books and reading -- United States
- Paperbacks -- United States -- Evaluation
- Series (Publications) -- Evaluation
- Young adults -- United States -- Books and reading
- Teenagers -- United States -- Books and reading