Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Edgar J Watson; Edgar J Watson; Edgar J Watson|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"Peter Matthiessen's great American epic -- "Killing Mister Watson", "Lost Man's River", and "Bone by Bone"--Was conceived as one vast mysterious novel, but because of its length it was originally broken up into three books. In this bold new rendering, Matthiessen has cut nearly a third of the overall text and collapsed the time frame while deepening the insights and motivations of his characters with brilliant rewriting throughout ... He has marvelously distilled a monumental work, realizing his original vision" -- dust jacket.|
|Awards:||National Book Award, Fiction, 2008|
|Description:||xvi, 892 p. : map ; 21 cm.|
|Contents:||Killing Mister Watson --
Lost Man's River --
Bone by bone.
- Watson, Edgar J., -- 1855-1910 -- Fiction.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Fiction.
- Everglades (Fla.) -- Fiction.
- Murderers -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction.
- Watson, Edgar J., -- 1855-1910.
- Frontier and pioneer life.
- Florida -- Everglades.
User lists with this item (10)
- National Book Award for Fiction(62 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2013-12-12
- Novels to read(204 items)
by djnevin updated 2013-05-10
- National Book Award Winners(6 items)
by jcw2357 updated 2013-04-03
- To Check Out(81 items)
by rkstiner updated 2012-12-18
- New Books @ Stamford(247 items)
by stamref updated 2012-06-02