Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
London, Chapman and Hall, 1906
|Named Person:||William Shakespeare; William Shakespeare; Francis Bacon; Francis Bacon; William Shakespeare|
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"I do not maintain that Bacon was the concealed author of all the plays from which I have quoted extracts; but for many of them he will I believe ultimately be found to have been responsible; and for others his disciples could probably have rendered some account."--Page 355.|
|Reproduction Notes:||Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010. MiAaHDL|
|Description:||1 online resource (ix, 393 pages)|
|Details:||Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.|
|Contents:||London's Parnassus.--The sweetness and gravity of the dramatic mind.--The state of learning.--Ecclesiasticism.--Religion.--Educational purpose.--Medicine and physiology.--Elizabethan audiences.--Classicisms.--The wordmakers.--Problematic manuscripts.--Miscellaneous similitudes.--Error, wit, and metaphor.--Traits and idiosyncrasies.--Conclusion.--Appendices.|
|Responsibility:||by Harold Bayley.|
- English drama -- Early modern and Elizabethan, 1500-1600 -- History and criticism.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Ethics.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Authorship -- Baconian theory.
- Bacon, Francis, -- 1561-1626 -- Authorship.
- Religion in literature.
- Ethics in literature.
- Bacon, Francis, -- 1561-1626.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616.
- Bacon-Shakespeare controversy.
- English drama -- Early modern and Elizabethan.