Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xii, 353 pages : illustrations, maps ; 22 cm.|
|Contents:||Civil rights, economics, and the American South --
The political economy of the Jim Crow South --
Southern business and public accommodations : an economic-historical paradox --
Desegregating southern labor markets --
The economics of southern school desegregation --
The economic consequences of voting rights --
The downside of the civil rights revolution --
Civil rights economics : historical context and lessons.
The civil rights movement of the 1960s has had a lasting impact on American society. Although it has hardly been neglected by historians, until now there has been no comprehensive economic
- Civil rights movements -- Economic aspects -- Southern States.
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Southern States -- Economic conditions -- 20th century.
- Segregation -- Economic aspects -- Southern States.
- Southern States -- Economic conditions -- 20th century.