|類型/形式：||Magazine format television programs
Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Jon Palfreman; T R Reid; Jon Neuburger; Cal Scott; Palfreman Film Group.; WGBH Educational Foundation.; PBS Home Video.
|注意：||Special feature: Teacher's guide (DVD-ROM).|
|餘額：||Director of photography, Mark Rublee ; editor, Jon Neuburger ; original music, Cal Scott.|
|表演者：||Correspondent: T.R. Reid.|
|製作註解：||Originally produced as a segment of the television program Frontline, April 15, 2008.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (56 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|詳述：||DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen presentation (enhanced for 16x9 televisions); stereo.|
|内容：||1. Great Britain: a leader in preventive medicine --
2. Japan: universal coverage, no gatekeepers --
3. Germany: a popular largely market-based system --
4. Taiwan: a new system they copied from others --
5. Switzerland: its former system resembled ours.
|其他題名：||Frontline (Television program)|
|責任：||written by Jon Palfreman and T.R. Reid ; produced and directed by Jon Palfreman ; a Frontline co-production with the Palfreman Film Group ; WGBH Educational Foundation.|
"Four in five Americans say the U.S. health-care system needs 'fundamental' change. Can the U.S. learn anything from the rest of the world about how to run a health-care system, or are these nations so culturally different from us that their solutions would simply not be acceptable to Americans? FRONTLINE correspondent T.R. Reid examines first-hand how other advanced capitalist democracies - the United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, Taiwan and Switzerland - deliver healthcare, and what the United States might learn from their successes and failures"--Container.
- Medical care -- United States.
- Medical care -- Great Britain.
- Medical care -- Japan.
- Medical care -- Germany.
- Medical care -- Taiwan.
- Medical care -- Switzerland.
- Public health administration.
- Health Care Costs -- Asia.
- Health Care Costs -- Europe.
- Health Care Costs -- United States.
- Cross-Cultural Comparison -- Asia.
- Cross-Cultural Comparison -- Europe.
- Cross-Cultural Comparison -- United States.
- Health Policy -- economics -- Asia.
- Health Policy -- economics -- Europe.
- Health Policy -- economics -- United States.
- Quality of Health Care -- economics -- Asia.
- Quality of Health Care -- economics -- Europe.
- Quality of Health Care -- economics -- United States.
- Medical care.
- Great Britain.
- United States.