Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Detective and mystery stories
|Material Type:||Fiction, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||509 p. ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||""These ominous words, slashed from the pages of a book of Psalms, are the last threat that the darling of London society, Sir Edward Grey, receives from his killer. Before he can show them to Nicholas Brisbane, the private inquiry agent he has retained for his protection, Sir Edward collapses and dies at his London home, in the presence of his wife, Julia, and a roomful of dinner guests. Prepared to accept that Edward's death was due to a long-standing physical infirmity, Julia is outraged when Brisbane visits and suggests that Sir Edward has been murdered. It is a reaction she comes to regret when she discovers the damning paper for herself, and realizes the truth" --
- Widows -- Fiction.
- Private investigators -- Fiction.
- Upper class -- England -- London -- History -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- London (England) -- Social conditions -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Mystery fiction.
User lists with this item (7)
- to read someday(488 items)
by plmnreads updated 2013-11-08
- Dig Into Reading - dig these titles during the 2013 Summer Reading Program(85 items)
by carteretlibraries updated 2013-06-06
- Books to Read 4(239 items)
by debraspidal updated 2014-04-30
- Things I Want to Read(14 items)
by wagner.sarah35 updated 2010-11-07
- Fabulous historical mysteries(16 items)
by Anna.Hesterberg updated 2010-06-16