|類型/形式：||Downloadable audio books
|提及的人：||James F Calvert; James F Calvert|
|資料類型：||傳記, 有聲書，等, 錄音, 網際網路資源|
|文件類型：||網路資源, 電腦資料, 錄音|
James F Calvert; Edward L Beach; Kevin Patrick; Blackstone Audiobooks.; Blackstone Audio, Inc.
Title from image on Web page (viewed Sept. 17, 2010).
Previously released on compact disc, 2010.
|表演者：||Read by Kevin Patrick.|
|描述：||1 online resource (1 sound file)|
|責任：||James F. Calvert ; foreword by Edward L. Beach.|
In this riveting personal account, an authentic American hero relives the perils and triumphs of eight harrowing patrols aboard one of America's most successful WWII submarines. Courageous deeds and terror-filled moments as well as the endless maintenance work are vividly recalled in Calvert's candid portrait. But Silent Running is more than a masterful collection of war stories. The greatest drama takes place within Jim Calvert himself, as his values, his training, and his courage are put to the test daily, both at sea and ashore. He must come to terms with a forbidden love, overcome fear and self-doubt, cope with the loss of comrades, and face the constant reality that each and every day at sea might be his last.
- Calvert, James F., -- 1920-2009.
- Jack (Submarine : SS-259)
- Haddo (Submarine : SS-255)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area.
- Sailors -- United States -- Biography.
- United States. -- Navy -- Biography.
- United States. -- Navy.
- Military campaigns.
- Military operations, Naval -- American.
- Military operations, Naval -- Submarine.
- Pacific Area.
- United States.