|类型/形式：||Historical television programs
Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
|提及的人：||Robert N Noyce; Robert N Noyce|
Randall MacLowry; Tracy Heather Strain; Michelle Ferrari; John Kusiak; P Andrew Willis; PBS Distribution (Firm); Film Posse (Firm); American Experience Films.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
|语言注释：||In English with optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.|
|注意：||Originally broadcast as an episode of American Experience in 2013.|
|制作人员：||Director of photography, Jon Else. ; music, John Kusiak, P. Andrew Willis ; story by Randall MacLowry.|
|演员：||Narrator, Michael Murphy.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (ca. 90 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|详述：||DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen.|
|内容：||The birth of Silicon Valley --
Shockley Semiconductor --
The traitorous eight --
The space race --
Mass producing a reliable product --
The integrated circuit --
Fairchild increase competition --
Fairchildren splinters --
Intel and the microprocessor.
|其他题名：||Where the future was born.
American experience (Television program)
|责任：||American Experience Films presents ; a Film Posse production for American Experience ; produced by Randall MacLowry and Tracy Heather Strain ; telescript by Randall MacLowry and Michelle Ferrari ; directed and edited by Randall MacLowry ; WGBH.|
Led by physicist Robert Noyce, Fairchild Semiconductor began as a start-up company whose radical innovations would help make the United States a leader in both space exploration and the personal computer revolution, changing the way the world works, plays, and communicates. Noyce's invention of the microchip ultimately re-shaped the future, launching the world into the Information Age.
- Fairchild (Firm) -- History.
- Noyce, Robert N. -- (Robert Norton), -- 1927-1990.
- Microelectronics industry -- California -- Santa Clara Valley (Santa Clara County) -- History.
- Computer industry -- California -- Santa Clara Valley (Santa Clara County) -- History.
- High technology industries -- California -- Santa Clara Valley (Santa Clara County) -- History.
- Fairchild (Firm)
- Computer industry.
- High technology industries.
- Microelectronics industry.
- California -- Santa Clara Valley (Santa Clara County)