Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Detective and mystery fiction
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||406 pages ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||At 1:15 a.m, a Minnesota political fixer answers his doorbell. The next thing he knows, he's waking up on the floor of a moving car, lying on a plastic sheet, his body wet with blood. When the car stops, a voice says, "Hey, I think he's breathing, " and another voice says, "Yeah? Give me the bat." And that's the last thing he ever knows. Lucas Davenport is investigating another case when the trail leads to the man's disappearance, then --
very troublingly --
to the Minneapolis police department itself, and then --
most troublingly of all --
to a woman who could give Machiavelli lessons. She has very definite ideas about the way the world should work, the money, ruthlessness, and sheer will to make it happen. No matter who gets in the way.
- Davenport, Lucas (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Private investigators -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Fiction.
- Minneapolis (Minn.) -- Fiction.
- Davenport, Lucas (Fictitious character)
- Private investigators.
- Minnesota -- Minneapolis.
- Amerikanisches Englisch
- Minnesota -- Fiction.
User lists with this item (6)
- *New Books, May 2013 - June 2013(14 items)
by dkrexon updated 2016-05-03
- Betty - Timberon Library(163 items)
by nthorell updated 2015-10-08
- New Books - Altamaha Tech(344 items)
by altamahatechlibrary updated 2015-06-11
- Things to Check Out(35 items)
by cdyalpine updated 2013-09-25
- May 2013(8 items)
by MelissaDalke updated 2013-06-13