Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism and interpretation
History and criticism
|Named Person:||Michael Tippett; William Walton; George Gershwin; Matthew Arnold; Herbert Howells; Aaron Copland; Alan Jay Lerner; Frederick Loewe|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"Graham Webster wrote and presented "The World of Music" programs on radio 4MBS Classic FM, Brisbane, over a 10 year period. Many of the programs were prepared using the resources of the music collection at the State Library of Queensland". --from sleeve notes.|
|Description:||1 sound disc : stereo., digital ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Series Title:||Graham Webster's world of music, WOM36.|
|Other Titles:||Lerner & Loewe|
Program 2: Lerner & Loewe. One of the great partnerships of musical theatre: that of lyricist, Alan Jay Lerner and composer, Frederick Loewe. We learn about how their top musicals came to be written and hear excerpts from "Brigadoon", "Paint Your Wagon", "My Fair Lady", "Gigi", and "Camelot."
- Tippett, Michael, -- 1905-1998 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Walton, William, -- 1902-1983 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Gershwin, George, -- 1898-1937 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Arnold, Matthew, -- 1822-1888 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Howells, Herbert, -- 1892-1983 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Copland, Aaron, -- 1900-1990 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Lerner, Alan Jay, -- 1918-1986 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Loewe, Frederick, -- 1901-1988 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Composers -- Great Britain -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Composers -- United States -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Musicals -- United States -- History and criticism.