Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Hemans, Mrs.; Joanna Baillie; Samuel Johnson; I Wilson|
|Document Type:||Musical Score|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Henry R Bishop; Hemans, Mrs.; Joanna Baillie; Samuel Johnson; John Hawkesworth; I Wilson; Donald & Mary Hyde Collection of Dr. Samuel Johnson (Houghton Library)
|Notes:||Dedication page on p.  (1st count) dated May 1833.
"These glees are intended to be sung without any accompaniment whatever, but a piano forte accompt. is added for the convenience of those who may prefer it."
Glees no. 2-6 have additional pagination at top of page.
"No more the morn with tepid rays" is also attributed to John Hawkesworth.
|Description:||1 score (, 55 pages) ; 37 cm|
|Contents:||1. Where shall we make her grave? / Hemans --
2. Up! quit thy bower / Baillie --
3. No more the morn with tepid rays / Johnson --
4. Oh! skylark for thy wing / Hemans --
5. In tears the heart opprest with grief / Hemans --
6. Come forth sweet spirit (Address to the moon) / Wilson.
|Other Titles:||Original English glees for three & four voices|
|Responsibility:||the whole composed ... by Henry R. Bishop ; the poetry by Mrs. Hemans, Joanna Baillie, J. Wilson, and Dr. Johnson.|
- Hemans, -- Mrs., -- 1793-1835 -- Musical settings.
- Baillie, Joanna, -- 1762-1851 -- Musical settings.
- Johnson, Samuel, -- 1709-1784 -- Musical settings.
- Wilson, I., -- active 1833 -- Musical settings.
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc.
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied.
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with piano.