Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2004
|Material Type:||Fiction, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||355 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||A shady marine scientist suspects that his wife knows that he has been doctoring water samples so that a ruthless tycoon can continue polluting the Everglades, so he pushes her overboard from a cruise liner. But she's saved by former cop Mick Stranahan --
and that's when the real adventure begins.
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Familiar themes and familiar character types to Hiaasen fans - but what's wrong with that?
The pace of the novel quickens more than usual towards the end with a nicer than average conclusion.
Perhaps one of his better ones.
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Agricultural industries -- Fiction.
- Ex-police officers -- Fiction.
- Marine scientists -- Fiction.
- Everglades (Fla.) -- Fiction.
- Hazardous wastes -- Fiction.
- Attempted murder -- Fiction.
- Married people -- Fiction.
- Suspense fiction.
- Agricultural industries.
- Attempted murder.
- Ex-police officers.
- Hazardous wastes.
- Marine scientists.
- Married people.
- Florida -- Everglades.
User lists with this item (13)
- LIBRARY, HARDCOVER FICTION(451 items)
by CYNTHIANIELSEN updated about 2 weeks ago
- WVPL Mystery Book Discussion Group titles(76 items)
by oclc4me updated 2014-05-08
- Susan Braxton's Florida Lit List(91 items)
by Susan Braxton updated 2013-08-04
- Fr. Tom Books - VU Library(369 items)
by ViterboLibrary updated 2013-07-17
- Carl Hiaasen(3 items)
by daviesg updated 2013-05-22