도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|자료 유형:||인터넷 자료|
|문서 형식:||책, 인터넷 자원|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Douglas A Blackmon
|메모:||Originally published: New York : Doubleday, 2008.|
|상:||Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction, 2009|
|설명:||x, 468 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 21 cm|
|내용:||Introduction: The bricks we stand on --
Part 1: The slow poison. The wedding : fruits of freedom ; An industrial slavery : "Niggers is cheap" ; Slavery's increase : "Day after day we looked death in the face & was afraid to speak" ; Green Cottenham's world : "The negro dies faster" --
Part 2: Harvest of an unfinished war. The slave farm of John Pace : "I don't owe you anything" ; Slavery is not a crime : "We shall have to kill a thousand... to get them back to their places" ; The indictments : "I was whipped nearly every day" ; A summer of trials, 1903 : "The master treated the slave unmercifully" ; A river of anger : the south is "an armed camp" ; The disapprobation of God : "It is a very rare thing that a negro escapes" ; Slavery affirmed : "Cheap cotton depends on cheap niggers" ; New South rising : "The great corporation" --
Part 3: The final chapter of American slavery. The arrest of Green Cottenham : a war of atrocities ; Anatomy of a slave mine : "Degraded to a plane lower than the brutes" ; Everywhere was death : "Negro quietly swung up by an armed mob... All is quiet" ; Atlanta, the South's finest city : "I will murder you if you don't do that work" ; Freedom : "In the United States one cannot sell himself" --
Epilogue: The ephemera of catastrophe.
|다른 제목||Re-enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II|
|책임:||Douglas A. Blackmon.|
|더 많은 정보:|
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 19th century.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Employment -- History.
- African Americans -- Crimes against -- History.
- African American prisoners -- Social conditions.
- Forced labor -- United States -- History.
- Convict labor -- United States -- History.
- Slavery -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Race relations -- History -- 19th century.
- United States -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- African Americans -- Crimes against.
- African Americans -- Employment.
- Convict labor.
- Forced labor.
- Race relations.
- United States.
- Straffarbete -- historia -- Förenta staterna -- 1800-talet.
- Straffarbete -- historia -- Förenta staterna -- 1900-talet.
이 항목을 가지고 있는 사용자 목록 (6)
- Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction(53 항목)
by dordtlibrary 업데이트됨 2016-04-26
- #CharlestonSyllabus(310 항목)
by ebrandow 업데이트됨 2015-08-13
- Good Reads in the Law Library(22 항목)
by whisner 업데이트됨 2011-02-05
- New Books June 2009(132 항목)
by ColumbiaBasinCollegeLibrary 업데이트됨 2010-06-07
- Beltline seminar resources(133 항목)
by jwever88 업데이트됨 2010-05-17