|类型/形式：||Documentary television programs
|提及的人：||Douglas A Blackmon|
Sam Pollard; Sheila Curran Bernard; Laurence Fishburne; Jason L Pollard; Andrew Young; Michael Bacon; Douglas A Blackmon; TPT National Productions.; Two Dollars and a Dream (Firm); PBS Distribution (Firm)
|语言注释：||Soundtrack in English, with optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.|
|注意：||Based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book by Douglas A. Blackmon.
Originally produced for television in 2012.
Special features include: "The bricks we stand on," Douglas A. Blackmon shares how the project evolved (18 min.); behind the scenes.
|制作人员：||Editor, Jason L. Pollard ; director of photography, Andrew Young ; original music, Michael Bacon.|
|演员：||Narrator, Laurence Fishburne.|
|奖励：||Official Selection, 2012, Sundance Film Festival.|
|目标对象：||Rating: TV-PG-L, V.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (87 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|详述：||DVD, NTSC, region 1, widescreen, stereo.|
|责任：||produced and directed by Sam Pollard ; written by Sheila Curran Bernard ; a production of TPT National Productions in association with Two Dollars & A Dream, Inc.|
Challenges one of America's most cherished assumptions, the belief that slavery in the U.S. ended with Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation, by telling the harrowing story of how, in the South, a new system of involuntary servitude took its place with shocking force.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 19th century.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Employment -- History.
- African Americans -- Crimes against -- History.
- African American prisoners -- Social conditions.
- Forced labor -- United States -- History.
- Convict labor -- United States -- History.
- Slavery -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Race relations -- History -- 19th century.
- United States -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century.
- Blackmon, Douglas A. -- Television adaptations.