Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Caldecott Medal Winner
Dust jackets (Bindings)
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Eve Bunting; David Diaz; Warren Wallerstein; Kent MacElwee; Lydia D'moch; Central Graphics.; Thompson Type.; Bright Arts, Ltd.; Tien Wah Press Sdn. Bhd.
|ISBN:||0152699546 9780152699543 0152010351 9780152010355 0152018840 9780152018849|
|Notes:||Art techniques used: Powerful acrylic paintings with contrasting black and brightly colored hues. These paintings appear on a backdrop of mixed media collages and found objects.
"The paintings in this books were done in acrylics on Arches watercolor paper. The backgrounds were composed and photographed by the illustrator. The title type was hand-lettered by the illustrator. The display type was set in Kabel Ultra by Central Graphics, San Diego, California. The text type was set in Syntax Bolb by Thompson Type, San Diego, California. Color separations were made by Bright Arts, Ltd., Singapore. Printed and bound by Tien Wah Press, Singapore. Production supervision by Warren Wallerstein and Kent MacElwee. Designed by David Diaz and Lydia D'moch"--Colophon.
|Awards:||Caldecott Medal, 1995; American Library Association Notable Children's Book 1995|
|Description:||1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 26 cm.|
|Responsibility:||written by Eve Bunting ; illustrated by David Diaz.|
Winner of the Caldecott Medal An ALA Notable Children's Book An "American Bookseller "Pick of the Lists A "Hungry Mind Review "Book of Distinction A "Publishers Weekly" Children's Bestseller A
- Riots -- California -- Los Angeles -- Juvenile fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction.
- Neighborliness -- Juvenile fiction.
- Reconciliation -- Juvenile fiction.
- Attitude change -- Juvenile fiction.
- Compassion -- Juvenile fiction.
- Anxiety -- Juvenile fiction.
- Cats -- Juvenile fiction.
- Riots -- Juvenile fiction.
- Theft -- Juvenile fiction.
- Violence -- Juvenile fiction.
- Fire -- Juvenile fiction.
- Public shelters -- Juvenile fiction.
- Riots -- California -- Los Angeles -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction.
- Neighborliness -- Fiction.
- Riots-California-Los Angeles-Fiction.
- Attitude change.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Public shelters.
- California -- Los Angeles.
- Human relations -- Fiction.
User lists with this item (34)
- Caldecott Award(319 items)
by sarahridinger updated 2015-05-19
- Caldecott Winners & Honor Books(178 items)
by ljerniga updated 2015-04-29
- Caldecott Medal Winners(77 items)
by carteretlibraries updated 2015-04-28
- Caldecott Awards(92 items)
by CrownCollegeLibrary updated 2015-04-09
- Shimoff Art Project(47 items)
by ccicchetti updated 2015-04-09