Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Rensselaer W Lee
|ISBN:||0312224567 9780312224561 0312211562 9780312211561|
|Description:||xvii, 205 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm|
|Responsibility:||Rensselaer W. Lee III.|
"Smuggling Armageddon looks at one of the most important and troubling international concerns of the 1990s and beyond: the illegal trade in nuclear materials that has erupted in the Newly Independent States (NIS) and Europe since the collapse of the former Soviet Union. Lee raises the central yet seldom-asked question of whether such traffic poses a threat to international security and stability. He unveils a grim picture that shows a Russia characterized by a variety of criminal proliferation channels; a Russia where smuggling operations are becoming progressively more sophisticated; and a Russia whose nuclear stockpiles already may have suffered serious leakages of weapons-usable materials. Lee concludes his groundbreaking work by assessing the implications of study findings for U.S. policy and by offering insights on the future of the NIS smuggling industry. Smuggling Armageddon is a book that is sure to provoke controversy and raise the specter of nuclear destruction once again. Book jacket."--Jacket.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Nuclear terrorism -- Former Soviet republics -- Prevention.
- Nuclear nonproliferation.
- Illegal arms transfers -- Former Soviet republics.
- Black market -- Former Soviet republics.
- Smuggling -- Former Soviet republics.
- Nuclear terrorism -- Europe, Central -- Prevention.
- Illegal arms transfers -- Europe, Central.
- Black market -- Europe, Central.
- Smuggling -- Europe, Central.
- Black market.
- Illegal arms transfers.
- Nuclear terrorism -- Prevention.
- Europe, Central.
- Soviet Union -- Former Soviet republics.