Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Filmed panel discussions
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Natalie Bullock Brown; Joseph Brandon Johnson; Owen H Brooks; Brenda Travis; Lawrence Guyot; Hollis Watkins; Michael Paul Sistrom; Willie Blue; Regina L Thomas; Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.). 50th Anniversary Conference; SNCC Legacy Project, Inc.; Ascension Productions (Firm); California Newsreel (Firm)
|Notes:||This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Title from disc label.
"Panel 08"--Disc menu.
|Credits:||Executive producer: SNCC Legacy Project, Inc. ; series editor: Joseph Brandon Johnson ; volume editor, Darrell Pryor.|
|Performer(s):||Moderator: Owen Brooks (Delta Ministry, Mississippi) ; panelists: Brenda Travis (Pike County Non-Violent Movement), Hollis Watkins (SNCC Field Secretary), Lawrence Guyot (Chair, MFDP), Willie Blue (SNCC Field Secretary), Michael Sistrom (historian), Regina L. Thomas (Secretary of State, New Jersey).|
|Description:||1 videodisc (79 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Owen Brooks --
Brenda Travis --
Lawrence Guyot --
Hollis Watkins, Sr. --
Michael Sistrom --
Rev. Willie Blue --
Regina L. Thomas.
|Other Titles:||Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee 50th Anniversary, Shaw University, Raleigh NC: 1960-2010.
Moving on Mississippi :
|Responsibility:||producer, Natalie Bullock Brown/Ascension Productions.|
Volume 10: Not unexpectedly, some of the Southern Movement's most vivid stories are found in Mississippi. Panelist Lawrence Guyot, former Chair of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP), insists that Mississippi is the state that "made the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee." This panel features the first-person accounts of some of the Movement's most unsung heroes and heroines. The significance and impact of the MFDP forms an important part of the discussion.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Mississippi.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Youth -- Political activity -- Mississippi.
- Youth -- Political activity -- United States.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Civil rights demonstrations.
- Civil rights movements.
- Civil rights workers.
- Youth -- Political activity.
- Southern States.
- United States.