Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Filmed panel discussions
|Additional Physical Format:||Videodisc (DVD) version:
SNCC 50th Anniversary Conference. Volume 12, Southwest Georgia: "Do you want to be free.".
San Francisco, Calif. : California Newsreel, 2011
|Material Type:||Clipart/images/graphics, Internet resource, Videorecording|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Donald Harris; Rutha Harris; Sam Mahone; Penny Patch; Charles Sherrod; Shirley Sherrod; Natalie Bullock Brown; Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.). 50th Anniversary Conference; Ascension Productions,; SNCC Legacy Project, Inc,; California Newsreel (Firm)
|Language Note:||This edition in English.|
|Credits:||Executive producer: SNCC Legacy Project, Inc. ; series editor, Joseph Brandon Johnson ; volume editor, Janet Gustafson.|
|Performer(s):||Moderator: Donald Harris (SNCC Field Secretary) ; panelists, SNCC Field Secretaries: Penny Patch, Rutha Harris, Sam Mahone, John Perdew ; SNCC Project Director Charles Sherrod.|
|Target Audience:||For College; Adult audiences.|
|Description:||1 online resource (1 video file (75 min.)) : sound, color.|
|Contents:||Donald Harris --
Rutha Harris --
Penny Patch --
Sam Mahone --
John Perdew --
Charles Sherrod --
|Series Title:||Black studies in video; SNCC legacy video, 12.|
|Other Titles:||Southwest Georgia: "Do you want to be free"
Do you want to be free
|Responsibility:||producer, Natalie Bullock Brown/Ascension Productions.|
Volume 12: This panel discusses the Southwest Georgia Project, one of SNCC's earliest and most significant campaigns. Project Director, Charles Sherrod gives a vivid description of dealing with fear in rural terrain that was as vicious and violent as any place in Mississippi. This session concludes an appearance by Shirley Sherrod who recounts her recent victorious effort to win compensation for black farmers long discriminated against by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Georgia -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Georgia -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- Georgia -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Youth -- Political activity -- Georgia.
- Youth -- Political activity -- United States.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Civil rights demonstrations.
- Civil rights movements.
- Civil rights workers.
- Youth -- Political activity.
- Southern States.
- United States.