Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Videodisc (DVD) version:
SNCC 50th Anniversary Conference. Volume 15, What was SNCC? How did It evolve over the years? Why did It cease to exist?
San Francisco, Calif. : California Newsreel, 2011
|Material Type:||Clipart/images/graphics, Internet resource, Videorecording|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Timothy Lionel Jenkins; Joyce A Ladner; Cleveland Sellers; Zohorah Simmons; Natalie Bullock Brown; Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.). 50th Anniversary Conference; California Newsreel (Firm); Ascension Productions,; SNCC Legacy Project, Inc,
|Language Note:||This edition in English.|
|Credits:||Executive producer: SNCC Legacy Project, Inc. ; series editor, Joseph Brandon Johnson ; volume editor, Janet Gustafson.|
|Performer(s):||Moderator: Joyce Ladner (Tougaloo College activist) ; panelists: Timothy Jenkins (SNCC Executive Committee Member), Cleveland Sellers (SNCC Program Secretary), Zohorah Simmons (SNCC Field Secretary).|
|Description:||1 online resource (1 video file (102 min.)) : sound, color.|
|Contents:||Joyce Ladner --
Timothy Jenkins --
Cleve Sellers --
|Series Title:||Black studies in video; SNCC legacy video, 15.|
|Other Titles:||Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee 50th Anniversary, Shaw University, Raleigh NC: 1960-2010.
What was SNCC? How did It evolve over the years? Why did It cease to exist?
|Responsibility:||producer, Natalie Bullock Brown/Ascension Productions.|
Volume 15: This panel probes the complex evolution of SNCC : the radicalizing effect of its style of grassroots organizing, its disillusionment with establishment politics, the attacks on SNCC by former liberal allies and more conservative black civil rights organizations, and the government's COINTELPRO assault. SNCC's own political naiveté is also discussed. Panelists include SNCC veterans from different eras in the organization's history.
- United States. -- Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Political persecution -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Youth -- Political activity -- United States.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Civil rights movements.
- Civil rights workers.
- Political persecution.
- Youth -- Political activity.
- Southern States.
- United States.