Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Videodisc (DVD) version:
SNCC 50th Anniversary Conference. Volume 16, Political impact of SNCC 1964 to 1984,
San Francisco, Calif. : California Newsreel, 2011
|Material Type:||Clipart/images/graphics, Internet resource, Videorecording|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Julian Bond; Courtland Cox; Ivanhoe Donaldson; Natalie Bullock Brown; Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.). 50th Anniversary Conference; Ascension Productions,; SNCC Legacy Project, Inc,; California Newsreel (Firm)
|Language Note:||This edition in English.|
|Credits:||Executive producer: SNCC Legacy Project, Inc. ; series editor, Joseph Brandon Johnson ; volume editor, Janet Gustafson.|
|Target Audience:||For College; Adult audiences.|
|Description:||1 online resource (1 video file (94 min.)) : sound, color.|
|Contents:||Ivanhoe Donaldson --
Courtland Cox --
|Series Title:||Black studies in video; SNCC legacy video, 16.|
|Other Titles:||Political impact of SNCC 1964 to 1984|
|Responsibility:||producer, Natalie Bullock Brown/Ascension Productions.|
Volume 16: SNCC's impact on elections across the nation is still little known, but the changes unfolding in the South helped accelerate an emerging black electoral surge in America. Ivanhoe Donaldson explains how Julian Bond's successful campaign for a seat in the Georgia state legislature resulted in a call for assistance from Richard Hatcher who would win his campaign to become Mayor of Gary, Indiana. Courtland Cox uses the "regime change" resulting from SNCC's work in Lowndes County, Alabama as a case study.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.) -- Influence.
- African American politicians -- Southern States.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Political activity -- Southern States.
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Youth -- Political activity -- United States.