|類型/形式：||Filmed panel discussions
Natalie Bullock Brown; Joseph Brandon Johnson; Lawrence Guyot; Michael Thelwell; Armand Derfner; Wesley C Hogan; MacArthur Cotton; Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.). 50th Anniversary Conference; SNCC Legacy Project, Inc.; Ascension Productions (Firm); California Newsreel (Firm)
|注意：||This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
"Panel 18"--Disc menu.
|餘額：||Executive producer: SNCC Legacy Project, Inc. ; series and volume editor, Joseph Brandon Johnson.|
|表演者：||Moderator: Lawrence Guyot (Chair MFDP) ; panelists: Michael Thelwell (Director, Washington Office MFDP), Armand Derfner (MFDP attorney), Wesley Hogan (Professor, Virginia State University), MacArthur Cotton (SNCC Field Secretary).|
|描述：||1 videodisc (96 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|内容：||Mike Thelwell --
Lawrence Guyot --
Armand Derfner --
Wesley Hogan --
|其他題名：||Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee 50th Anniversary, Shaw University, Raleigh NC: 1960-2010.
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party :
|責任：||producer, Natalie Bullock Brown/Ascension Productions.|
Volume 21: This session looks at what made SNCC "radical" by focusing on the people who worked with SNCC. The session also addresses the emergence of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. Although 96 percent of its members were denied the right to vote, the MFDP transformed not only Mississippi politics, but the rules of the national Democratic Party. "It is the greatest example of small-democracy that we have," says Professor Wesley Hogan. Former MFDP Chairman, Lawrence Guyot, gives a detailed presentation of the MFDP and its challenges in 1964 and 1965. MFDP Attorney Armand Derfner describes the Party's continuing impact, focusing on the Voting Rights Act. Former SNCC Field Secretary, MacArthur Cotton, describes the step-by-step process involved in organizing the MFDP.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party -- History.
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Mississippi -- Politics and government.
- African Americans -- Suffrage -- Mississippi.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Mississippi.
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Political activity -- Southern States.
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Youth -- Political activity -- United States.