Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Filmed panel discussions
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Natalie Bullock Brown; Joseph Brandon Johnson; Bernard LaFayette, Jr.; Nelson Johnson; David Forbes; Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.). 50th Anniversary Conference; SNCC Legacy Project, Inc.; Ascension Productions (Firm); California Newsreel (Firm)
|Notes:||This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Title from disc label.
"Panel 20"--Disc menu.
|Credits:||Executive producer: SNCC Legacy Project, Inc. ; series editor, Joseph Brandon Johnson ; volume editor, David Moon.|
|Performer(s):||Moderator: Rev. Bernard Lafayette (SNCC Field Secretary) ; panelists: Rev. Nelson Johnson (Student Organization for Black Unity), Rev. David Forbes (Raleigh Student Movement).|
|Description:||1 videodisc (90 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Rev. David Forbes --
Rev. Bernard Lafayette --
Rev. Nelson Johnson.
|Other Titles:||Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee 50th Anniversary, Shaw University, Raleigh NC: 1960-2010.
Black church and Black struggle
|Responsibility:||producer, Natalie Bullock Brown/Ascension Productions.|
Volume 23: The Black church was born in struggle in the midst of slavery, and despite laws and vigilante actions targeting it for destruction the church has not only survived, but has played a sustained and central role over more than 300 years of Black struggle in America. This panel of Black churchmen, with very active audience participation, reflects and examines the historical role of the church, its specific role in the Movement of the 1960s, and the lessons of that struggle for today.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- African American churches -- Influence.
- Race relations -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
- African Americans -- Religion.
- African American theologians -- Civil rights.
- Church and state -- United States -- History.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Political activity -- Southern States.
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Youth -- Political activity -- United States.