Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Filmed panel discussions
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Natalie Bullock Brown; Joseph Brandon Johnson; Charlie Cobb; Jean Wheeler Young; Charles McDew; Dorie Ladner; Wendell Paris; Wazir Peacock; Harry Belafonte; Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.). 50th Anniversary Conference; SNCC Legacy Project, Inc.; Ascension Productions (Firm); California Newsreel (Firm)
|Notes:||This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Title from disc label.
"Panel 02"--Disc menu.
|Credits:||Executive producer: SNCC Legacy Project, Inc. ; series and volume editor, Joseph Brandon Johnson.|
|Performer(s):||Moderator: Charlie Cobb (SNCC Field Secretary) ; panelists: Jean Wheeler Young (SNCC Field Secretary), Chuck McDew (SNCC Chairman), Dorie Ladner (SNCC Field Secretary), Wendell Paris (SNCC Field Secretary), Wazir "Willie" Peacock (SNCC Field Secretary), Harry Belafonte (SNCC advisor).|
|Description:||1 videodisc (68 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Charlie Cobb --
Dorie Ladner --
Willie Peacock --
Jean Young --
Wendell Paris --
Chuck McDew --
|Other Titles:||Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee 50th Anniversary, Shaw University, Raleigh NC: 1960-2010.
From student activists to field organizers
|Responsibility:||producer, Natalie Bullock Brown/Ascension Productions.|
Volume 3: The most remarkable aspect of the civil disobedience and sit-ins of the 1960s was the leadership of young people. Importantly, young activists were challenging other young people to join them, and also challenging established civil rights organizations to speed up the pace of their efforts. Their commitment and energy led to the grassroots organizing work that defined the freedom movement of the 1960s. In this session, panelists discuss their deepening involvement with the Southern Movement as grassroots community organizers. Harry Belafonte makes an unscheduled appearance in the session.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights workers -- Southern States -- Biography.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Youth -- Political activity -- United States.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Civil rights demonstrations.
- Civil rights movements.
- Civil rights workers.
- Youth -- Political activity.
- Southern States.
- United States.