Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Filmed panel discussions
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Natalie Bullock Brown; Joseph Brandon Johnson; William Strickland; Fannie Rushing; Elizabeth Sutherland Martínez; D'Army Bailey; Julie Poussaint; Mike Miller; Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.). 50th Anniversary Conference; SNCC Legacy Project, Inc.; Ascension Productions (Firm); California Newsreel (Firm)
|Notes:||This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Title from disc label.
"Panel 06"--Disc menu.
|Credits:||Executive producer: SNCC Legacy Project, Inc. ; series and volume editor, Joseph Brandon Johnson.|
|Performer(s):||Moderator: Mike Miller (Bay Area Friends of SNCC) ; panelists, William Strickland (Northern Student Movement), Fannie Rushing (Chicago Friends of SNCC), Betita (Liz) Sutherland Martinez (New York Friends of SNCC), D'Army Bailey (Student Activist, Louisiana Sit-In Movement), Julie Poussaint (New York Friends of SNCC).|
|Description:||1 videodisc (81 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Mike Miller --
Julie Pouissant --
Bill Strickland --
Liz Sutherland Martinez --
Fannie Rushing --
|Other Titles:||Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee 50th Anniversary, Shaw University, Raleigh NC: 1960-2010.
Up South :
|Responsibility:||producer: Natalie Bullock Brown/Ascension Productions.|
Volume 8: This panel explores the evolution of SNCC organizing that took place above the Mason-Dixon line. Panelists discuss how support groups originally formed to provide money and other assistance for the Southern movement found themselves increasingly involved in local protests and political struggles.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Civil rights demonstrations -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Youth -- Political activity -- United States.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Civil rights demonstrations.
- Civil rights movements.
- Civil rights workers.
- Youth -- Political activity.
- Southern States.
- United States.