Watkins, Yoko Kawashima.
So far from the Bamboo Grove.
New York : Beech Tree Books, 1994
|提及的人：||Yoko Kawashima Watkins; Yoko Kawashima Watkins; Yoko Kawashima Watkins|
Yoko Kawashima Watkins
|ISBN:||0688131158 9780688131159 9780833526632 0833526634 9780780740525 0780740521|
|描述：||183 p. : map ; 20 cm.|
A fictionalized autobiography in which eleven-year-old Yoko escapes from Korea to Japan with her mother and sister at the end of World War II. Though Japanese, eleven-year-old Yoko has lived with her family in northern Korea near the border with China all her life. But when the Second World War comes to an end, Japanese on the Korean peninsula are suddenly in terrible danger; the Korean people want control of their homeland and they want to punish the Japanese, who have occupied their nation for many years. Yoko, her mother and sister are forced to flee from their beautiful house with its peaceful bamboo grove. Their journey is terrifying -- and remarkable. It's a true story of courage and survival.
- Watkins, Yoko Kawashima -- Juvenile fiction.
- Watkins, Yoko Kawashima -- Fiction.
- Korea -- Fiction.
- Japan -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction.
- Watkins, Yoko Kawashima.
- 700-799L(42 资料)
由 UNO-YA 已更新 2014-07-07
- TOG Y4 not at library(23 资料)
由 tyhapus 已更新 2013-05-09
- banned books display(180 资料)
由 smurgai 已更新 2012-09-10
- Top 100 Banned/Challenged Books: 2000-2009(101 资料)
由 andyhavens 已更新 2010-09-27
- KIds Right to Read Project Report 2009 - banned & challenged reading list(90 资料)
由 amk94 已更新 2010-09-26