Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Social class and educational inequality.
New York : Cambridge University Press, 2014
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Iram Siraj; Aziza Mayo
|ISBN:||9781316008072 131600807X 9781316003572 1316003574|
|Notes:||Measures of early home learning environments.|
|Awards:||Winner of Society for Educational Studies Book Prize 2015.|
|Description:||1 online resource (ix, 321 pages .)|
|Contents:||Machine generated contents note: 1. Child and family case studies in the context of the EPPSE study; 2. Studying learning life-courses; 3. Methods and sample of the child and family case studies; 4. Cultural repertoires of child-rearing across and within social classes; 5. Children as active agents of their own learning; 6. Powerful parenting and home learning; 7. Parenting towards higher aspirations; 8. Inspiring success in the early years and school environment; 9. Gateways to enhanced social, cultural and emotional capital; 10. Concluding discussion: promoting agency and advocacy.|
|Responsibility:||Iram Siraj, Aziza Mayo.|
'This book is a stupendous achievement and deserves to be very widely read. The authors' large-scale longitudinal research into why some children succeed 'against the odds' and others do worse than
- Education -- Social aspects.
- Social classes.
- Educational equalization.
- Children with social disabilities -- Education -- Case studies.
- Youth with social disabilities -- Education -- Case studies.
- Education -- Parent participation.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE -- Public Policy -- Cultural Policy.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE -- Anthropology -- Cultural.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE -- Popular Culture.
- Children with social disabilities -- Education.
- Youth with social disabilities -- Education.