|提及的人：||James Phinney Baxter; Courtlandt Canby; Douglas Southall Freeman; John A Garraty; Eric Frederick Goldman; Allan 1890-1971 Nevins; Francis Parkman; Barbara Wertheim Tuchman|
|所有的著者/提供者：||Society of American Historians.|
|语言注释：||Material is in English.|
|描述：||10 linear ft. ( 24 document boxes)|
The Society of American Historians Records include material from the first four decades of the SAH. Available in this collection are administrative records such as minutes and membership lists, financial records, correspondence, printed materials, and photographs. The bulk of the collection concerns the founding of the magazine American Heritage in 1954. Included are minutes, correspondence, fundraising letters, and promotional materials. Aside from the letters among SAH members that discuss the scope of the magazine, fundraising letters comprise the bulk of the correspondence. Material related to the annual Francis Parkman and the Allan Nevins Prizes also comprises a large part of the collection. Correspondence with history departments regarding submissions for the awards, and with publishers makes up the bulk of the prize material, but guest lists, photos and documents relating to the annual awards dinner are also present. The collection includes a small amount of Allan Nevins' research material. The research notes and documents concern Nevins' books about the John D. Rockefeller and the Rockefeller family.
- Baxter, James Phinney, -- 1893-1975.
- Canby, Courtlandt.
- Freeman, Douglas Southall, -- 1886-1953.
- Garraty, John A. -- (John Arthur), -- 1920-2007.
- Goldman, Eric Frederick, -- 1915-1989.
- Nevins, Allan, 1890-1971.
- Parkman, Francis, -- 1823-1893.
- Tuchman, Barbara Wertheim.
- American Heritage Publishing Company.
- Columbia University -- Faculty.
- National Broadcasting Company.
- Rockefeller Foundation.
- Historians -- United States.
- Historians -- United States -- Correspondence.